Athens Free Walking Tour
Explore the city that has over 3000 years of history and discover all the facts, myths and secrets that you won’t find in your guidebook. Our English-speaking local experts will share their knowledge and passion of the city with you. Get an inside look at the Cradle of Western Civilization on foot and discover many of its hidden gems that tourist buses can’t reach.
Throughout 2013, we are running tours almost every day. To join one of our tours simply contact us with the date(s) that you would like to take the tour and we will send you the exact details as soon as possible:
Some of the sights featured on the walking tour can be seen in the video below…
- When? Dates and times vary - just email us for the exact info!
- Where? Acropolis museum entrance (next to the big yellow mailbox). See 'location' page for map and more details.
- How long? 2.5 to 3 hours.
- How much? Free. Voluntary tips are much appreciated.
sites that feature on the tour:
- Hadrian’s Arch
- Temple of Zeus
- Kalimarmaro Stadium
- Monastiraki markets
- Parliament & Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
- Hill of Ares
- Roman and Greek agora
Things to note
- Athens has quite a mild winter, great weather for walking.
- Many streets in central Athens are pedestrianised, so the best way to get around is on foot.
- Most of the places of interest are within walking distance of each other.